This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Yet Another Greatest Movie List?

Last week the AFI updated their 1998 "100 Years... 100 Movies" list with a "10th Anniversary" update to the list. (Let's not get into the fact that it technically hasn't quite been 10 years.) I'm not going to give my opinions on the list, which you can see on Wikipedia here, mostly because I'm not qualified to have any, not being a movie watcher. (But yay for Do the Right Thing cracking the Top 100!)

However, it's apparent that lists like these appeal more to our desire to list things (and my magnetic pull to countdowns) more than anything else. That's why regardless of anything else, the future "greatest lists" mentioned on one of the polls will become part of the future of Da Blog.

I just need people to pick some initial topics for listing, which you can do in a comment to this post for now; later I'll introduce a more robust topic-picking system.

No comments: