- Tentative game: San Diego @ Tampa Bay
- Prospects: 5-8 @ 9-3? Good lord is this game lopsided.
- Likely protections: Panthers (9-3)-Giants (11-2) or Eagles (7-5-1)-Redskins (7-6) (FOX) and Steelers-Titans (CBS).
- "That's my story and I'm sticking to it"'s protections: Eagles-Redskins (FOX) and Steelers-Titans (CBS)
- Other possible games mentioned on Wednesday's Watch and their records: Cardinals (8-5)-Patriots (8-5), Bills (6-7)-Broncos (8-5), Falcons (8-5)-Vikings (8-5).
- Impact of Monday Night Football: Affects both the tentative game and the most likely flex game.
- Analysis: If Panthers-Giants isn't protected it's in. If it is, the Falcons did what the other games needed and lost, and things broke down just right for Cardinals-Patriots and Falcons-Vikings to pull even. I give the edge to Falcons-Vikings because they're more attractive and the Cardinals have locked up the NFC West, so Falcons-Vikings has the edge that both teams have playoff implications.
- Final prediction: Carolina Panthers @ New York Giants, or if that game is protected, Atlanta Falcons @ Minnesota Vikings.
- Current situation: No announcement yet to my knowledge, which is telling. Either NBC is waiting on tonight's game to tell them whether to go with the Falcons (for whatever reason), or NBC is willing to go someplace other than Panthers-Giants if the Panthers lose.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Last-Minute Remarks on SNF Week 16 picks
Week 16 (December 21):