This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Something I've been meaning to say since the news broke.

There's been a lot that's been said about John Madden's retirement, and I could repeat everything that's been said about how beloved he was (not so much in my household, but that may be because he made all the obvious things he said obvious) or his alleged man-crush on Brett Favre or his impact on football and the broadcasting profession or his retirement's impact on NBC, the NFL and its network, and the careers of Cris Collinsworth, Al Michaels, and Frank Caliendo.

But let me just say this about replacement Collinsworth.

NBC was caught off guard by Madden's retirement, but they were not caught unprepared.

That said, I have to agree with what Curt Smith had to say about Harry Kalas: "[Collinsworth] will succeed [Madden]. None will replace him."

No comments: