This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Of course, this only matters to one person other than me.

I made a change to the webcomic that you probably won't - and shouldn't - notice. Previously, I had stored three variables in the metadata database: the strip number, the date, and a third field to preformat the date for display on the page, since I didn't know how to use PHP to format a date I was only allowed to enter in one format. Well, last night I figured out how to do just that and the date will now be automatically calculated from a field designed to store the date.

I don't know whether that will make it faster or slower. What I do know is I'm proud to have figured it out without trying to upgrade (or waiting for Freehostia to upgrade) PHP.

PS. I wrote the post below last night but my Internet started acting freaky at the worst possible time.

No comments: