This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Before, I might have thought V could stretch the splice into the next book. Now? Not so much.

(From The Order of the Stick. Click for full-sized terms of lease.)

I'm going to try and be quick with this.

Because it was a makeup for arguably not having a February OOTS post, I don't consider the post I made when V took this deal to be an official OOTS post for most purposes.

That means I still owe you a March OOTS post, and that will probably come when the next strip does.

But I do want to give a cautionary tale to Aspiring Webcomickers Everywhere, regarding the previous strip, which I don't think Rich thought through.

OOTS doesn't accompany its strips with posting dates, which means later archive bingers won't realize the connection to March. More to the point, now and in the future, non-Americans won't get the joke at all. And it doesn't help that, legibility reasons or no, the Arizona State Sun Devil is misidentified as simply "Arizona".

The moral: Use topical strips with caution.

That is all.

No comments: