This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

State of Da Blog moving forward, and a way to affect its history!

I have a few things I'd like to catch up with at this moment.

First, the counter. No, there have not been 34 visitors to Da Blog over the last week. I could set it to display the number of unique users, but I think the number of 13 that would appear is a little low. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Second and more importantly, I'm starting to worry that my lengthy third post is obscuring the first post for all of the people who are discovering Da Blog suddenly. That means missing the backbone of that third post, but it also obscures something else. The posts I have now aren't really emblematic of me (obviously), or of what I envision Da Blog becoming. While some blogs are little more than diaries and only a few blogs go beyond personal, a lot of blogs comment not only on happenings in life, but in whatever else interests the person who posts them. People often talk about their thoughts on whatever they feel like saving space on their blog for, and sometimes dedicate their entire blog to a single subject.

I want to talk about me, of course, but I also want to talk about more than me. And while I have no shortage of things I'm already interested in, I'd like to hear your suggestions. Is there something out there that's going unblogged? Something you'd like to hear my thoughts on? Considering the likelihood that I may have something insanely complex that would constitute a radical new idea, maybe you'd like to see that, and gain a new perspective? Or maybe I'm just begging for something that would hook the most people into making Da Blog a destination. Or, since there's a positive spin for anything, maybe I'm trying to gauge the interests of my audience so I can tailor what I write to them.

What are you interested in? While you're here, feel free to leave a comment and let me know. If you don't have a Google/Blogger account and "Other" doesn't work for you for some reason, post anonymously; you can still identify yourself in the body of the post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you touched on human nature. what are your thoughts?

Morgan Wick said...

Well, that's not exactly what I had in mind! I'm not sure how I can make an ongoing blog about that, and while I certainly have plenty of thoughts on human nature, I'm not sure now (or here) would be the time or place to spill them, and part of it is that you'd probably be resistant to it!

Tonight I'm making a post I intend to be emblematic of the sort of things you can expect, no matter what the topic may be. But I reserve discretion to select a topic myself, and while I'll try to fit what people think, I do have my limits!

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear more about these grandiose projects that you like to take upon yourself.