This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Abstractions without context, and a rare moment of self-honesty

I wrote today's strip in what you might call a fit of pique (I'm not even sure what that means) after getting dissed. Probably a mistake to crank something out in the moment, but what do I care? Are we really so uptight as a society that we value pandering to everyone over honesty? No wonder politicians do the same. At heart, we're all politicians whether we like it or not.

I'm perfectly fine with getting my ass handed to me. The sentiment in the last panel is genuine (although I intend to continue my remarks tomorrow). In fact I would have been perfectly fine with receiving this criticism via e-mail. The problem is that:
  1. None of the criticisms offered are things I see as bad for what I'm trying to do.
  2. Conversely, I'm not getting any criticism that would be constructive for me and what I'm trying to do.

Incidentially, the main reason I'm writing this post is to point out the latest deluge of readers.

No comments: