This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Debunking - or legitimizing? - climate change deniers

I'm trying to allow myself to build a bit of a buffer of posts so I can work in advance with little pressure, so I'm going to keep today's post short and sweet. With luck, today's Random Internet Discovery (look at the "internet adventures" tag in the sidebar) will be about politics so you'll get some sort of political fix.

As I said yesterday, I feel strongly that, regardless of how you feel regarding its existence or cause, the consequences are too high (and are already starting to affect us now, in this generation) not for us to make an abrupt change in course. So I don't want any sort of distraction from global warming naysayers, or for anything that looks like it contradicts the case for global warming to impede our progress towards saving our planet. So I want people to take a look at this, this, this, and specifically this and this, look at the actual evidence (which is to say, not just to cite some wild-eyed nut or person who obviously has an interest who thinks man's not causing global warming just because) that's presented (and in the case of the Wikipedia articles, not already answered), and tell me why it doesn't matter, or why it's suspect, or why it's an outlier, or why it's inaccurate, or some other reason why it might not be as damning as it seems, or hell, why it's perfectly legitimate and valid. I may attempt to sort out everything in a post as soon as tomorrow, or I may never get to it as my schedule cramps up.

No comments: